20110527

The next 4 people to buy a copy of VORTEXTS from me will receive a copy of COLLECTED GHOST. Not COLLECTED GHOST from H_NGM_N circa 2009, COLLECTED GHOST from F.M.P. (Fire Man Press) circa 2005 when I lived in the Mission in San Francisco and made chapbooks in my apartment. This book is filled with different poems then the H_NGM_N version. They are from a time when I was trying to teach myself "to write poems that other people could understand". COLLECTED GHOST was designed by me and released on my press, F.M.P. It was made in a Office Max on Geary and Arguello. It is constructed of 50% stolen materials, including the size and shape which are the same as J Magazine, Jack Spicer's journal. Here is one of the poems from the collection:


Fuck Your Magazine

I really think my poems
would look beautiful 
in your magazine

for this reason I've decided 
not to submit them 
to your care

instead I am going to 
fold them into tiny effigies 
of famous men

Dwight D. Eisenhower
comes to mind and
Harry S. Truman

they have such beautiful names
I just hope my poems 
can do them justice





0 comments:

Post a Comment